Big BUZZ on Twitter:
Apparently, he’s opening a new resto called Wanderers and will be downtown. –> RT @DeRushaEats: Azia Restaurant will close at the end… 2 minutes ago via HootSuite
Holy Twitter Buzzzzzzz #azia 8 minutes ago via UberTwitter
As much as I dislike the food/price of Azia, I wish it wasn’t closing. Tough for that intersection. Still haven’t been able to fill Morales 9 minutes ago via web
- DeRushaJ RT @DeRushaEats: Azia Restaurant will close at the end of July. 31 minutes ago via Echofon
Azia will close 2 days before Wanderers opens. If there’s a delay – Azia stays open. August 7 is target for the new place. 12 minutes ago via Echofon
Azia will be closed two days before opening in new location. 13 minutes ago via HootSuite
- cecilmenk RT @DeRushaEats Wanderers Wondrous Azian Rest will open right after Azia closes. “accessible” menu + prices. http://twitpic.com/23imgt 13 minutes ago via HootSuite
- MrChristopherL AZIA closing as new venue opens?? Sounds like it’s a end of a lease & better rent elsewhere deal! 13 minutes ago via HootSuite
- kareemy I believe he will do just fine. #azia #thompham 14 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone (more…)
It’s definitely patio season, and the PiPress offers a great list of the best ones in town.
The readers’ favorite? Why W.A. Frost, of course.
1. W.A. Frost, 374 Selby Ave., St. Paul; 651-224-5715; wafrost.com (33.5 percent total reader votes)
2. Stella’s Fish Cafe, 1400 W. Lake St., Minneapolis; 612-824-8862; stellasfishcafe.com (32 percent)
3. The Liffey, 175 W. Seventh St., St. Paul; 651-556-1420; www.theliffey.com (22.5 percent)
4. Admiral D’s Waterfront Tavern, 4424 Lake Ave., White Bear Lake; 651-330-3101; admiralds.com (8 percent)
5. Manitou Station, 2171 Fourth St., White Bear Lake,¬†651-426-2300; manitoustation.com (4 percent)
See the full story for the PiPress’s top 25 rooftop/terrace, along the water, and neighborhood patios.
Now will someone please tell me why Gabby’s didn’t make the list? I mean, sure, it’s not the greatest venue in town, but the patio is one of the city’s best kept secrets. I’m looking forward to Psycho Suzie’s taking over the location shortly.
Where else? Where else? What are your favorite patios in town?
Ok, so we’ve said it before (more than once) ‚Äî on our Twitter feed anyhow ‚Äî but it looks like the cat is officially out of the bag: Psycho Suzi’s Motor Lounge will be moving to the much larger (four times as large, to be exact) Gabby’s riverside location this Fall. Too bad it’s in the Fall, though, because the best thing about Gabby’s is the fabulous patio ‚Äî which Psycho Suzi’s customers will likely have to wait a whole year to use. Wait, come to think of it, I guess the smokers may get a crack at it all winter. That’s how Suzi’s rolls.
Now.. it will be interesting to see how the Gabby’s hip hop crowd responds to the Psycho Suzi’s artsy hipster crowd. Predictions?